Seeded in Him | Daily Devotionals Just 4 We
Advertisement
Share Detail


Seeded in Him

Advertisement
By Cindy Sproles

When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 1 Corinthians 15:37-38

He dumped the entire canister of seeds onto the ground. “Help me find the daisy seeds.” My son was determined to grow a garden of daisies and he thought we could pour a can of mixed wild flowers onto the ground and pick out the right seeds.

“Honey, I don’t know which of these seeds are daisy seeds or if any of them are daisies.”

“Look!” He shoved the empty canister in my face. “See, daisies.” His tiny finger pointed to the picture on the can.

“Sweetie, I don’t know which seeds are daisies and which are marigolds.”

“So what do we do?” He asked.

“We plant them and wait for the surprise. God knows what’s inside the husks.”

I was a child when I gave my heart to Christ. My parents tilled the ground of my life, prepared it as best they could, then planted the seeds of Christ in me. But only God knew what would emerge from the seed.

We’re more than skin deep. We’re soul deep and within that soul is a body to which none other can compare. Our Father has determined our body but He doesn’t force us into it, rather He waits and watches for the moment we submit; then He welcomes His debutant to the ball.

It took awhile for my spiritual body to mature…maybe longer than most. I had to sort through bad choices I’d made, learn dependence on God and then grasp hold of trust. But when I did—when I finally broke free of the shell I was hidden in and said yes to Christ, He formed a new me.

I couldn’t pick out the daisy seeds from the pile. All I could do was cover them with fertile soil and let God have control. When spring came we enjoyed the new bodies that sprung from the ground. They were nothing like we planted, but God had a plan. Beautiful bodies from the husks we’d sown.

Are you seeded in Him? Spring forth with the newness of the Christ. Break free from the shell. Be all He wants you to be.
Next Back Home
Advertisement
Daily Devotionals Just 4 We | Privacy Policy | ToS | DMCA | Contact Us | laptop driver
- Powered by Blogger.
Daily Devotionals Just 4 We | Privacy Policy | ToS | DMCA | Contact Us - Powered by Blogger.